We have a great team with an exciting future, and are looking to add high energy, high aptitude, dynamic people with the potential to grow as we strive towards our best in class goal!
The Assistant Project Manager acts as a resource to the Project Manager(s) by assisting in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of the construction process, to help ensure that the project meets the schedule and is completed within the budget.
Recent/Upcoming Graduates with strong Co-op/Internship Experience on their resume are encouraged to apply for this role.
- Assist with the project buyout process, in accordance with company standards and in a timely manner taking into account such factors as project schedule, submittal review process and long lead time materials and equipment.
- Coordinate the submittal process with the schedule, review process and material lead times.
- Coordinate RFI’s to address issues with interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers
- Ensure that all required project documentation is completed in a timely manner, and maintained in the appropriate master project files inclusive of Daily reports, accident reports, –subcontractor logs, submittals, bulletins, drawing logs, sketches and as-built drawings
- Assist and drive BIM, thru use of navisworks etc.
- Assist with safety and accident reporting as required
- Help enforce all TCC Health and Safety Plan regulations.
- Assist with the coordination of deliverables to obtain necessary permits and licenses and, depending upon the contractual arrangements, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and other regulations
- Assist in the tracking and cost control to avoid cost overruns
- Coordinate, track and receive timely approval of Change Orders
- Assist in the coordination of invoice approvals
- Coordinate timely completion and submission of project invoices and requisitions to the client, and providing follow up with client when required to ensure timely payments are received. Communicate with senior management in a timely manner if delays in payment are encountered
- Assist in meeting minutes recording and follow-up
- Distribute drawing revisions and address subcontractor issues
- Assist in the assembly of close-out documents
- Experience working with contracts, plans, and specifications, and to be knowledgeable about construction methods, materials, and regulations.
- Familiarity with computers and software programs for job costing, online collaboration, scheduling and estimating. Procore experience is a plus.
- The APM must work well under pressure, be flexible and work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- The ability to coordinate several major activities at once, while analyzing and resolving specific problems, is essential, as is an understanding of engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- The APM must be able to establish a good working relationship with many different people, including clients, other managers, designers, superintendents, and crew.
- The APM will be required to visit project sites as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable discipline
- 2.5 years construction project management experience preferred; Internship and Co-op experience is recognized if applicable
- OSHA 10-hr is a plus
- LEED AP is a plus